This morning after had my breakfast, I manage to browse the net, looking for news to read about since last night's game between Man United vs Everton resulted 3-1 favors to Everton. Sorry Man United fans. He he. Then Chelsea trash Wolves 2-0, thanks for a brace from DD.
Then, I found this article about skipping grades for the pupils. I tried to give my opinion on this matter to their website but it seems failed because I just couldn't find the right spot to place my opinion. The educationists and psychologists seems to worried about this because they afraid the students will be burden by the works and pressure from the people around them.
Since I am one of the skipping-grade-student, I think I have something to say about this. Back to 1996, they called this as Penilaian Tahap Satu (PTS). The government had implemented PTS for approximately 6 years (I passed mine in 1998) before they abolished them. I honestly didn't expect to pass the exam because at that time I can't see the advantage of passing them.
But when I am in Standard 5, I start to feel weird about the subjects that I am learning especially for English and Mathematics. Sometimes, I couldn't finish my homework prior to the level of the difficulty. But my dad was my hero (and he's still my hero) because he did my homework first before I complete it into my exercise books. Ha ha. That's the real sweet moment for the skipping grade students.
It just lasts for 2 months because after that I start to do homework on my own. For the first 3, 4 months in Standard 5, I found it's quite difficult to make suitable of the situation but I have to. I work hard to adjust myself, to being able to compete with the elder friends and I know somewhere in coming years, it will paid off. Of course, there will be pressure to deliver, a tense to complete the homeworks and mind you, the expectations are high. Most important, parents need to monitor their children and don't make waste of their talent. Spend time with them, polish them wisely and you will see the big thing is coming.
But why the ministry put a brake for PTS? If this skipping grades bring goods to the people, I can't see the reason to put them off. Till now. Don't have words for the conclusion. Haih. Oh, one more thing. My sister is also a skipping-grade-student. He he.
5 comments:
aku rase bagus pe bende ni.
untung setaun macam2 buleh wat beb.
syg aku dulu x cukup terer utk lepas
tapi ni kata kita. menteri kata dok bagus nak buat gane. hehe.
early months in standard 5 back then were not easy or better to say hard.huhu.
know what,i still remember the time when ayah n mak did ur maths homework bcos there were just too much of them (pakai kalkulator siap..haha)
n for me,i still remember what cg zaleha hussein told me:
"mahera,cg cabar awak kalahkan kakak2 dan abg2 awak thn 5 ni"
something like that lah..i can't remember every word.
i didn't dissappoint her,did i?
:)
Definitely certainly you didn't disappointed her.:P
PTS ni bgs sbnrnya dan x patut dilupuskan.. tp soalan2 dia 2 kasi yg power2 cket la..baru la org x persoalkn mcm mn dia bole pass PTS 2..
Post a Comment